freelance

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I want to build-up some sort of a freelance design career. For the time being, it'd be great to make extra cash doing work outside of work and maybe pad my finances with an emergency buffer for, well, emergencies.
In the past I had turned down offers to do this kind of work because I wanted as much free time as I could squeeze out of my days, but I think my mindset has changed recently. I want to support myself and this seems like the best road to reach that goal, although it may take some time.

A pro-bono brochure for the fundraising banquet of a nonprofit sustainable gardening organization.
Bright colors and pretty pictures seems to be the norm when you're trying to convince people to give you moneys.
5.5" x 8.5" folded.

cngf1

"Eating California" sounds pretty filthy, like I can easily imagine a prostitute naming herself California. Buy hey, I'm not a copy writer so it's not my problem.

cngf2

cngf3


I kind of like the way this turned out, and although I didn't get paid (it was a favor to a friend), hopefully it will lead to paid work.
I don't have even a sprinkle of business sense, and should really find some. Last time I did work for free (near-free, actually. I was paid with beer), it didn't lead to anything; hopefully this one will pan-out.

2 comments:

Law said...

maybe start writing up contracts. it'll make you look like you mean business.

Kittyisapanda said...

Nothing says business like a briefcase and bow tie, I always say.