Invitation

Monday, July 28, 2008

During the time I was ignoring this blog, I worked on a number of projects--some good and some not so good--that I'd like to show off here and try to make up for a five month absence of posts.

This is an invitation for the School's Prospective Student Open House.
Printed using two colors; I think we made about 1,200 copies.

admit1

admit2

I was asked to rebrand the covers/front panels of all printed materials so that when compared to each other each piece looks as if it belongs to the same institution; I sadly did a poor job of that in the past. This invite uses the new branding in its most basic form and I like how simple it turned out. Sadly, again, I was told I'd never again be allowed to create something so simple and that more pictures are necessary for future projects. Awesome.

admit3

admit4

Now here's the best part on the back panel:

admit5

This type of thing just totally ruins your day. Luckily I had a great printer and everything worked out.

2 comments:

Ivan W. Lam said...

Oh man that sucks! What do you mean you had a great printer? By that do you mean the printer people who produces your print stuff?

But aside from that, good stuff! I know you can only use futura and other limited fonts, but I'm glad you're not using Gotham like everyone else is, especially after a particular presidential candidate uses that and put a giant six-letter word in that font in the background. I love Gotham, but I hate everyone else copying the campaign. It don't always work, people!

Sam said...

Yea, the printer people. Having a good relationship with print reps is crucial; they zipped off replacements in a day.